Quick, Easy, Healthy Breakfasts
Last week we learned that eating a healthy breakfast not only starts your day off right, but also lays the foundation for lifelong health benefits -- including a healthy weight. Here are a few ideas for quick, easy, healthy breakfasts that you can add to your morning routine:
- High fiber cereal (at least 8 grams of fiber per serving) mixed into low fat yogurt or served with low or non-fat milk and fruit.
- Whole grain hot or cold cereal with frozen berries added for sweetness.
- Egg sandwich made with a whole grain bread or English muffin, thin slice of cheese and two microwaved egg whites.
- Breakfast wrap made with a whole grain tortilla, slice of turkey and thin slice of cheese, and warmed in the microwave.
- Low-fat cottage cheese, fresh fruit and whole grain toast.
- Glass of low or non-fat milk and fresh fruit.
If you're stopping off at a coffee shop for breakfast, make sure you find something from the above list or something else that's healthy. If you can't, find another coffee shop!
Megan Porter, RD