Instructions for the Weight Loss Calculator
Weight Loss Calculator
Before beginning, it is important to understand that as you lose weight and activity becomes easier, you will burn fewer calories performing the same activities. It will therefore be necessary to eat less and/or become more active if you wish to maintain the same rate of weight loss.
- Calories & Kilojoules: The calculator defaults to calories (kcal). Click on the Kilojoules button if you prefer to work in kilojoules (kJ).
- Selecting a Method of Calculation: Begin by selecting one of the three Methods of Calculation:
- Calculate Time Required to Reach Goal Weight
- Calculate Daily Calorie Deficit Required to Reach Goal Weight
- Calculate Weight Loss over a Period of Time
- Making Calculations: Enter parameters into the following boxes as they appear on the calculator, then click on the Calculate button:
- Current Weight: What you weigh today.
- Goal Weight: What you would like to weigh.
- Daily Calorie Deficit: How many more calories you burn in a day than you eat. If you eat 2,500 and burn 3,000, your deficit will be 500.
- Period of Time: The time you plan to take to reach your Goal Weight.
To calculate with a different method, click on the Methods button and the selection of methods will reappear.
- Calculator Results: The results of your calculations accumulate in the Results panel.
- Undo Button: Click on the Undo button to back up one calculation.
- Clear Button: Click on the Clear button to delete your previous calculations and begin a new results list.