Sources for Food Nutritional Information and Data
Food Calories & Nutrition Calculator
Data for our grocery food lists comes from three types of sources:
- United States Department of Agriculture National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 19
- Data for our Indian Cuisine food list is provided by FatFreeKitchen.com.
- Product labels: Where data was taken from product labels or company websites displaying product labels or similar information, the identification of the brand, manufacturer or distributor appears in [square brackets] following the name of the food.
- Other sources: Where data was taken from other sources, the identification of the source appears in [square brackets] following the name of the food.
The following are example listings for the three types of sources for our grocery food lists:
- Apple Pie
- Baby Ruth [Nestle]
- Martini [drinksmixer.com]
Data for our company food lists (fast food, restaurants and brands) is provided by the companies. You will find a link to the company website at the top of each company food list.
Data for company food lists is for products as sold in the United States unless otherwise indicated.