Instructions for the Add Foods Feature
Food Calories & Nutrition Calculator
The Add Foods feature makes it possible to enter and calculate your own food items and recipes. Perhaps you want to enter the nutrition data from the label of a food package. Or you have used the calculator to calculate a recipe for spaghetti and you want to enter the nutrition data from the calculator results.
With this feature you can enter data from any source, and then you can use the Set Servings feature to specify the serving size you desire.
- You can calculate as many of your own items as you like simply by entering an item, calculating it, and then typing another item over it.
- For greater convenience, we have provided the capability to enter up to 12 items simultaneously in each of three sets. The sets are labeled A, B and C, and allow you to enter a total of 36 items.
- For each item you can enter a description and data for calories, protein, fat, carbohydrates, fiber and sodium. If you do not have data for a nutrition element simply leave it with a value of zero.
- To calculate an item, first select it by clicking on the button to its left. Then click on the Calculate button.
- The items you enter are saved as cookies (described in our Calculator Problems instructions) and will very likely be present on your next visit. However, cookies are not always reliable and by definition must be small.
It is for both of these reasons that we have provided the capability to enter and store only 36 items. We suggest that you keep notes on your data, or print the screen for each set so that you will have some form of backup.
If you find a food missing from our lists that you believe others might also like to use, please send us an e-mail suggesting that we add it.